Prevent - University registers of research and 'firewalls'
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please provide the following:
1. Your Prevent action plan or any document that outlines your institution’s Prevent policy in line with your obligations under the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015
2. Confirm if students, researchers and members of staff are obliged to register research which is deemed to be security sensitive
3. If such a register exists, the number of entries for each of the years 2018 (up to the date of this request), 2017, 2016 and 2015. By entries, I mean occasions on which individuals have registered research which falls into the category set out in bullet point 2. If possible, please identify the nature of the research (eg PhD, internally funded, externally funded) and topic
4. If such a register exists, confirm whether or not it is stored onsite or on an external server.
5. If such a register exists, confirm whether the register is subject to any information sharing agreements with external partners or agencies including local and regional Prevent coordinators, the Home Office, the local Counter Terrorism Intelligence Unit, the local police or any other law enforcement agencies
6. A list of any agreements, arrangements or Memorandums of Understanding between your institution and bodies such as the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF), the Counter Terrorism Internet Referral Unit (CTIRU) of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), or Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU) of the City of London Police, to receive lists of illegal or illicit content, for instance for the purposes of blocking.
7. Confirm if any filtering or blocking service that your institution uses incorporate lists from the IWF, CTIRU or PIPCU, and which lists are incorporated;
This is an automated email, sent in response to an email to
[University of Bradford request email]<mailto:[University of Bradford request email]>.
If your email is a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
please consider this email an acknowledgement of your request.
Your request will be considered and you will receive the information
requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by
the Act, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a
reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may
prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an
assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the
information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the
case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then
they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to
release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact us using this
email address. Alternatively further information is also available from
the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner's Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephone: 01625
545 700 or online: https://ico.org.uk/.
[Title: University of Bradford - Description: University of Bradford]
Legal and Governance
[Title: Web Address - Description: Web Address]
Dear Mr Quinn
Please find attached response to your request for information. I
apologise for the delay in the response
Title: University of Bradford - Description: University of Bradford
Information Governance Officer
Legal and Governance
Title: Phone - Description: Phone +44 (0) 1274 233358
Title: Web Address - Description: Web Address www.bradford.ac.uk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now