Prevent Strategy complaints
Gwnaeth Gianluca Avagnina y cais Rhyddid Gwybodaeth hwn i
Dear Sussex Police,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I am requesting the following information:
1. the number of complaints made by people targeted by Prevent officers following a referral in the context of the Prevent Strategy from 2015 to 2017 ;
2. the nature of such complaints (e.g. racism, distress);
2. the outcome of the above referrals, complaints and any further action taken;
3. any guidelines regulating the behaviour, approach and line of questioning of Prevent officers;
4. the details of Sussex Counter-Terrorism Local Profiles (CTLP) summary for 2017.
Your Ref: Freedom of Information request - Prevent Strategy complaints
Our Ref: FOI 251.18
Contact Name: Roger Brace FOI Officer
Contact number: 101 ext 545251
Thank you for your request received by Sussex Police on 06.03.2018
This request will be dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Act, from the date of receipt. In some circumstances Sussex Police may be unable to achieve this deadline. If this is likely you will be informed and given a revised time-scale at the earliest opportunity.
Some requests may also require either full or partial transference to another public authority in order to answer your query in the fullest possible way. Again, you will be informed if this is the case.
Sussex Police are currently receiving a high volume of FOI requests at a time of reduced staffing levels to process them. Every effort is being made to comply with the statutory 20 working day response deadline but on occasions this may not be possible – we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
D Hilton sent on behalf of the FOI Officer
Sussex Police HQ