Christina Savage made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to
Dear General Register Office,
Would you kindly be able to tell me:
1. How many complaints have you had in 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively, from a friend or family member, regarding a marriage that they believe should not have taken place/ Complaints about someone marrying a person who lacked capacity to marry?
2. How many objections or caveats against a marriage were filed in 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively, to prevent a marriage proceeding?
If your enquiry falls within the remit of a Freedom of Information request
Her Majesty’s Passport Office will send you an acknowledgement within the
next 2 working days.
If your enquiry does not fall within the Freedom of Information remit this
will not be forwarded or responded to. Therefore please contact the
appropriate department listed below:
• For a passport enquiry or complaint, please complete an online enquiry
• If your enquiry or complaint relates to a certificate which you have
ordered from the General Registrar’s Office, please complete the
certificate service order enquiries form.
• If your request is for information relating to your data held by Her
Majesty’s Passport Office or an individual it falls under the terms of the
Data Protection Act 1998 and may qualify as a Subject Access Request,
please email [email address]
• If your enquiry relates to nationality you should forward your enquiry
to the UK Visas and Immigration enquiry team who are better placed to
respond, please email [email address]
Dear Ms Savage
Thank you for your email below. Your request is being handled as a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
We will aim to send you a full response by 23 October 2018, which is twenty working days from the date when we received your request.
Her Majesty’s Passport Office