Dear Exeter City Council,
Civic Voice, the national charity for the civic and conservation movement is campaigning to put public participation at the heart of the planning system. With this in mind, I am writing to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1. Can you confirm how long, in minutes, a community group such as a Civic Society is permitted to speak at your local council’s Planning Committee? (By ‘Planning Committee’ we mean your local authority’s committee of elected members which determines planning applications. It may be known by a different name in your local authority).
2. Is there a limit on the number of registered speakers permitted to speak at your Planning Committee? If yes, please specify the maximum number of speakers allowed.
3. Is there a limit on the total time allowed for registered speakers? If yes, please provide details of the time restriction.
3. Are your Planning Committee procedure rules publicly available online? If yes, please provide the weblink.
Finance and Administration Officer
Thank you for your request for information. I will arrange for a response
to be issued as soon as possible. If you have any queries about the
progress of your request, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your contact details will be forward to the department that holds the
information you have requested so that we can process your request. Your
details will not be shared for any other purpose and will not be shared
with any external organisations.
Please note that information relating to schools, education, trading
standards, social care (e.g. care homes) and highways is held by Devon
County Council and your request should be re-directed to them. Their
contact details are as follows:
Information Governance Team
Telephone: 01392 383000 - ask for information governance
Email: [email address]
for Corporate Manager, Executive Support
Exeter City Council
Exeter EX1 1JN
Tel: 01392 277888
email: [Exeter City Council request email]
See our privacy notice for details on how we manage personal
Thank you for your request for information, which has been dealt with
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The information you have requested is as follows:
1. One person can speak in favour of, and one person can speak against,
an application for a period of 3 minutes
2. Yes as above, although non-Committee Members are also entitled to
speak with no time limit
3. As above
Exeter City Council is committed to openness and transparency. If you wish
to request a review of either our decision, or the way your request has
been handled, please write to the Council's Corporate Manager within 40
working days at the address below. Your request will be considered in line
with our Review Procedure within 20 working days. Full details of this
procedure, including your right of appeal to the Information Commissioner,
are available in our access to information policy
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are: The
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow,
Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Telephone: 0303 123 1113 / 01625 545745; Email:
Exeter City Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now