Dear Guildford Borough Council,
I am currently compiling data on the cost to both the environment and expenditure on the use of paper.
I would be grateful if you can give me information on the following:
1) The total amount of reams of paper used by the authority in the last 12 months
2) The amount of expenditure on printing, photocopying, and consumables for internal purposes. We are not interested in the amount of expenditure for printing of publications for external use.
3) The amount of recycling of paper from your offices.
4) Does the local authority have a target to reduce the use of paper - if so what is the current progress?
5) Does the local authority have a target to reduce their carbon footprint - if so what is the current progress?
A R Shaw
Dear A R Shaw,
We have considered your request for information.
Thank you for your information request, below I detail our response :-
* The total amount of reams of paper used by the authority in the last
12 months Response = 25,000 reams
* The amount of expenditure on printing, photocopying, and consumables
for internal purposes. We are not interested in the amount of
expenditure for printing of publications for external use. Our
response = £202,712
* The amount of recycling of paper from your offices? Our response = We
sort and recycle all our waste from our Offices.
* Does the local authority have a target to reduce their carbon
footprint - if so what is the current progress? Our response .In our
Corporate plan 2015-2020 we have several projects / actions that are
Carbon related ie reduce energy consumption, introduction of renewable
energy. Carbon Management plan. Please refer to our WEB site to see
the full list
Copyright and re-use of information
Please be aware that copyright may exist on information that we provide in
response to requests, including attachments.
Where we are providing information that the Council has authored, you may
re-use it free of charge unless we have stated otherwise in our response.
However, in some cases we do not own the copyright (for example Ordnance
Survey owns the copyright for most map information we use). Therefore,
where someone other than Guildford Borough Council owns the copyright for
the information, please check with us by writing to [email address]
if you plan to re-use it or if you are not sure whether copyright will be
Your right to ask for an internal review
I trust the above addresses your enquiry. However, if you do not agree
with the way I have dealt with your request, you may write to ask the
Council to review my decision. Another officer will carry out a review and
they will then write to you, letting you know whether they agree with my
decision or whether they have reached a different conclusion.
You should write to, Customer Services, Guildford Borough Council,
Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB ([email address]). It is
important that you clearly state that you are asking for an Internal
Review and provide a copy of your correspondence with the Council about
this request. We recommend that you include the FOI reference number and
"Internal Review" in the email or letter header to help avoid delays.
Your right to appeal to the Information Commissioner
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner if you
believe we have failed to meet our obligations to deal with your request
for information. Please remember that they will usually only consider
appeals after the Council has had the opportunity to carry out an internal
review. More guidance about your rights is available on the Information
Commissioner's website at www.ico.org.uk.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now