Dear South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust,
I have been seconded into a post funded by the Office for Students as part of the Strategic Interventions in Health Education Disciplines programme. My role is to explore barriers prospective Orthoptic students face when trying to secure a work experience/shadow placement in Orthoptic departments in England.
To understand current practices I would like to request the following information:
1. How many applications for Orthoptic work experience did your Trust receive in
a) Sept 2016 - Sept 2017
b) Sept 2017 - Sept 2018
2. How many applications resulted in a work experience placement?
3. What is the minimum age for work experience in Orthoptics?
4. Do applicants for work experience in Orthoptics require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check?
5. What paperwork are applicants required to complete?
6. Are applicants required to complete an induction?
Dear Mr Hegarty,
Thank you for your email requesting information regarding Orthoptic work experience. South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is a provider of mental health and substance misuse services. We do provide work experience in Orthoptics.
Ms Toyin Kazeem
Archives and Assurance Manager
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now