Dear Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council,
This is a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act. This request relates to MIPIM 2022, a 4-day real estate exhibition, conference and networking event gathering held in Cannes, France, from 15th-18th March 2022. I would like to request the following information:
(1) Please provide a list of council representatives (including councillors) who attended MIPIM 2022. Please provide their full name and position at the council.
(2) For each council representative’s trip to attend MIPIM 2022, please provide the following:
- The date and duration of the trip
- The reasons why the council representative attended MIPIM 2022
- The cost of the MIPIM 2022 trip (please provide a breakdown of costs, including travel costs, accommodation costs and expenses)
- Please state whether the council met the costs of the MIPIM 2022 trip, or whether an individual, group, company, consortium, charity or another organisation met the costs. Please provide the full name of the individual, group, company, charity or organisation that met the costs.
(3) For each council representative that attended MIPIM 2022, please indicate whether they attended (a) meetings held by companies (b) private events held by companies (c) breakfasts/lunches/dinners held by companies. For each meeting/private event/breakfast/lunch/dinner, please name the company involved and provide a description as to what was discussed.
I would like to receive the information electronically. If you feel that a substantive response to this request is not possible within a reasonable time frame, or the request is too broad or too vague, I would be grateful if you could contact me and provide assistance as to how I could refine the request.
Dear Jenna Corderoy,
In response to your Freedom of Information request, please see the
Officer's response below.
No staff attended, therefore the remaining answers are N/A.
I trust this answers your request and if you have any queries please don't
hesitate to contact us.
Information Governance Team / Tîm Llywodraethu Gwybodaeth
H Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Legal Section, The General Offices, Steel Works Road, Ebbw
Vale, South Wales NP23 6DN
H Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Blaenau Gwent
Mae'r Adain Gyfreithiol, Y Swyddfeydd Cyffredinol, Heol Gwaith Dur,
Glyn Ebwy NP23 6DN
Mae’r Cyngor yn croesawu gohebiarth yn Gymraeg a saesneg a byddwn yn
cyfathrebu gyda chi yn eich dewis iaith, dim ond I chi rhoi gwybod I ni pa
un sydd well gennych. Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn creu unrhyw oedi.
The Council welcomes correspondence in Welsh and English and we will
communicate with you in the language of your choice, as long as you let us
know which you prefer. Corresponding in Welsh will not lead to any delay.
If you are unhappy with the handling of your request, you can ask us to
review our response. Requests for reviews should be submitted within 40
days of the date of receipt of our response to your original request –
email: [Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council request email].
If you are unhappy with the outcome of our review, you can write to the
Information Commissioner, who can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office - Wales
2^nd Floor Churchill House
Telephone: 0330 414 6421
Email: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now