Dear Cabinet Office,
My request is in relation to Ministerial Red Boxes, please answer the questions below:
1) How much did the Ministerial Red Boxes cost HM Government in 2019?
2) How many Ministerial Red Boxes are currently in use/active?
3) Once becoming a Minister, how does one obtain a Ministerial Box?
4) What guidance is issued to Departments for Ministerial Red Boxes? please disclose some of the guidance.
5) Who is responsible for putting Government Documents in a Ministerial Box and sending it to Ministers or the Monarch?
Our ref: FOI2020/20418
Dear Kacey Montagu,
Thank you for your request for information which was received on 26th
November. Your request is being handled under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 ('the Act').
The Act requires that a response must be given promptly, and in any event
within 20 working days. We will therefore aim to reply at the latest by
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Freedom of Information Team
Please find attached the reply to your FOI request
London, SW1A 2AS
E-mail -[Cabinet Office request email]
1. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now