Dear Liverpool City Council,
This is a follow up to the FOI request I made last year for a copy of the agreement signed between Liverpool City Council and the Poseidon Foundation, to much PR fanfare, speeches from the Mayor and a professionally produced video, over a commitment for Liverpool to become a "climate positive" city by end of 2020.
The Annex to the Memorandum of Understanding signed on camera by Mayor Joe Anderson and the CEO of Poseidon Foundation on 11 July 2018 listed 5 Key Objectives:
1. Poseidon to establish a base and presence in the City of Liverpool;
2. The Authority to review its business activities and that of its companies as to how it can incorporate a sustainable carbon positive platform into its businesses working with Poseidon for the purposes of the Project;
3. The Authority shall facilitate private sector event meetings for the Project;
4. Explore expansion of the Project through campaigns with the Authority and other partners/stakeholders;
5. The parties to identify education and training opportunities with the City's universities and other educational establishments and the Authority to provide a wider facilitation role within that process.
My request is for information about progress made on each of these 5 objectives (if any).
In particular, for Key Objective 2, I would like a Copy of the review of business activities and companies in relation to the "carbon positive platform" (if one has been made).
Dear Mr Todd
Please see attached our response to your information request as submitted
to Liverpool City Council. Our apologies for the brief delay.
Liverpool City Council
LCC auto signature (2)
1. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now