Managed Children's Social Work Teams

Mr P T Read made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Kingston upon Thames Borough Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Gwrthodwyd y cais gan Kingston upon Thames Borough Council.

Dear Kingston upon Thames Borough Council,

Please can you provide the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:

1. Since 1/1/2018 has the Council used an external organisation to provide Children’s Social Work project team(s) to complete a specific piece of time bound work?
2. Can you confirm the number of Children’s Social Workers that were provided?
3. The area they worked e.g. Children in need, Referral and Assessment, Duty etc.
4. When did they start and finish?
5. The name of the organisation(s) that provided the Children’s Social Workers?
6. The total amount charged to the council for this service?

Yours faithfully,

Mr P T Read

RBK FOI, Kingston upon Thames Borough Council

Dear Mr Read,

Thank you for contacting us.

The information that you have requested has been considered under the
Freedom of Information Act 2000. It cannot be provided as it is not held
by the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames (Kingston).


Your request is for information relating to the provision of children’s
services. These services are managed on behalf of Kingston by Achieving
for Children (AfC), a community interest company.


For the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 Kingston does not
hold the information requested.


In accordance with Kingston’s obligations under Section 16 of the Freedom
of Information Act 2000 your request is better addressed to AfC. AfC is a
separate organisation for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act
2000 and, accordingly, the information you are seeking can be requested
from AfC.


Please submit your request to the Freedom of Information Lead, Achieving
for Children, Civic Centre, 44 York Street, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ. A link
can be found on the AfC website.



If you are dissatisfied with the way your request for information has been
handled by Kingston Council, you can ask for review by writing to: Freedom
of Information Officer, Guildhall, 2 High Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1
1EU, or by email to: [2][email address]


If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or any review
you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner at
the address shown below. Further information about the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 is also available from the Information Commissioner


Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane, Wilmslow

Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Telephone: 01625 545 700   

Website: [3]



Yours sincerely,


Freedom of Information Team

Royal Borough of Kingston


dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir