Malicious email volume
Rebecca Moody made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to The National Museum of the Royal Navy as part of a batch sent to 459 authorities
This authority is not subject to FOI law, so is not legally obliged to respond (manylion).
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear The National Museum of the Royal Navy,
Please find below my FOI request regarding malicious emails sent to the department.
The date range for the requests is from 2018 to present day. The data shall include a breakdown by year and by individual departments (e.g. separate departments, agencies, or public bodies within the main government agency), if applicable.
1. How many malicious emails have been successfully blocked?
2. What percentage of malicious emails were opened by staff?
3. What percentage of malicious links in the emails were clicked on by staff?
4. How many ransomware attacks were blocked by the department?
5. How many ransomware attacks were successful?
Unfortunately the Library is currently closed to public access during the
pandemic and we are unable to answer enquiries.
A list of online resources is available here:
If you wish to offer a donation to the Museum, please contact us at
All filming enquiries should be sent to [email address]
The Collections and Research Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now