Dear London School of Economics,
I would like to request information about BSc Accounting and Finance.
1) The amount of IB offers for BSc A&F for the past 2 years from total offers
2) The amount of IB accepted offers for BSc A&F for the past 2 years from total offers
3) The average amount of gcse/iGCSE A* for BSc A&F for the past 5 years
4) The average amount of gcse/iGCSE A for BSc A&F for the past 5 years
5) The number of students who got offers for BSc A&F in the past 5 years, but still got C or lower in at least one gcse/iGCSE subject
6) The number of successful candidates for BSc A&F in the past 5 years who took Economics, or equivalent, in IB and A levels, listed separately.
7) Seeing as HL maths is not a requirement for A&F, how many students with Maths Studies in IB got offers for BSc A&F in the past 5 years
8) The amount of students, who took both English HL and Maths HL in IB, and successful got offers for A&F in the past 5 years. If data not available due to not being present enough, then I'd request equivalent subjects in A levels, please.
9) Were there cases where IB students had an offer of 766 with 7 in HL maths for BSc A&F in the last 5 years? If yes, how many. If not for IB, then for A levels please.
10) The amount of people who got an offer with higher requirements, for A levels and IB separately - this means instead of 666 at High Level for IB with 38 points, maybe people got 766 39 for A&F, in the last 5 years.
11) Percentage of candidates who got an offer for A&F and all undergraduate courses and applied in September, October, November, December, January for the last 5 years. Are there any trends, i.e. early applicants get a higher proportion of all offers?
12) If a student is to apply in Mid to end of September, would it be a more advantageous position than if the student applied in January?
13) Seeing as offers are first given out in mid November, are those offers usually to students who applied first, i.e. beginning of September?
14) Is personal statement the deciding factor, once candidates enter Further Assessment stage of the application process?
15) Two identical candidates with the same level of sophistication in their personal statements, however, one has 777HL with 7 in SL maths and 45 predicted. The Other has 776 with 6 in HL maths and 44 predicted. Theoretically speaking, who would get the place for A&F?
16) Male to female ratio for A&F first year students in the last 5 years?
17) The amount of students rejected in the Initial stage of admission, amount of students rejected during/after Further Assessment for all undergraduate courses in the last 5 years?
18) Is it true that offers are usually given out on Fridays on the UCAS Tracker and rejections usually on Thursdays?
19) The number of people who did not complete the conditional offer, yet still got a place in A&F in the last 5 academic years. For both IB (with HL levels and total points) and A levels.
20) To what extent is it advantageous for IB students to take HL maths, compared to SL maths.
21) When are the scheduled holidays for the undergraduate admissions team this winter?
I'd like to thank you for answering my lengthy list of questions. I appreciate your input on these questions.
Dear London School of Economics,
As the statutory deadline for response has passed, I would greatly appreciate it if you would respond as soon as possible.
Due to staff absence, we have a backlog of requests which unfortunately includes yours. However, I appear to have been sent the relevant data so hopefully will be able to get this to you today.
London School of Economics
Thank you, I hope to get the data today.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now