Dear Liverpool City Council,
In relation to `Taxi Drivers` renewing their Badge/Licence would You please provide answers, direction or information to the following questions.
1. In which council meeting was it decided to have a robust new policy of not issuing drivers with temporary licences/badges and when did the policy come into force?
2. can I have a copy of the minutes.
3. How, When and Why did the Council decide to outsource the DBS checks? Was their a consultation period. And can I have a copy.
4. Please can you provide me with a written copy of the new policy
5. Public-sector work in particular has specific tendering processes, When and How did the Council tender the Contract awarded to Personnel Checks.
6. What scope is there in the policy to protect drivers when the process that the council has outsourced leads to delays? These could be for example delays down to the Personal Checker company, the Police or where a driver has strong mitigation for not completing the process prior to the expiration date. Personal Checker for example might, through an admin error, fail to process your file in good time. This could lead to a Drivers licence expiring and a driver being unable to work
7. Such errors occur, so the Council must surely have scope ( within the policy to ensure that a driver isn’t prejudiced by such an occurrence that is out of control. What does the policy say that the Council should do to avoid drivers losing their licence, a “possession” for the purposes of Art 8 HRA, in such a scenario?
8. Duty of Care. A responsibility by a Council to protect livelihoods, Can You provide a copy of LCC ` Duty of care policy`written