Dear Norwich University College of the Arts,
I am writing to ask about library fines during the academic year 2015/2016. For the time period starting from the first day of term, covering the next 364 days (e.g. one full year), please provide:
1. The total amount of money the library received from the payment of overdue items. Exclude costs of replacing lost books - this request solely relates to the cost of books that are returned later than their due date.
2. Information about where this money then goes (is it absorbed into a specific library budget for example? if so what one?)
3. If possible, from the figure provided in 1, break this down by
a) category of user paying fine (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, staff)
b) country of origin of user paying fine (e.g. France, Italy, US). If only broader categories are possible e.g. "EU", "non-EU" then please provide this instead.
Many thanks, and do let me know if you require any further clarification.
Good afternoon Mr Forks
Please accept this email as confirmation that your request for information
has been received.
Your request will now be considered under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act (2000); a response to your request will be issued within
the statutory 20 working day period.
Dear Mr. Forks,
In relation to your Freedom of Information Act request of 17th February,
we can respond as follows:
1. The total amount of money the library received from the payment of
overdue items in 2015/16 was £1,971.04.
2. The money collected from library fines is used to offset the staffing
overhead associated with recovering books from students.
3. It is not possible to analyse the total stated above by category of
user – we do not hold such data.
4. It is not possible to analyse the total stated by the user’s country of
origin – we do not hold such data.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now