Dear Liverpool City Council,
Freedom of Information request
1. Over the past 2 years now Mr. Len McCluskey and Liverpool’s Unite the Union had stonewalled all requests into the shocking amount of failed building projects that are giving this city an awfully bad name worldwide has Mr. Len McCuskey over the past five years called for any investigation in partnership with the Liverpool city council over the loss of construction jobs on a huge number of sites?
2. Has Mr. McCluskey or Unite the Union had any dealing or business interests in land or building been offered to him and Unite, if so what are the details and full addresses of these please?
3. Has Mr. Len McCuskey and Unite the Union in the past donated any funds to the Mayors fund of any gifts in kind whatsoever?
4. In the past the Liverpool city council has made several public statements by using the local newspaper that thousands of jobs have been created in this city, could the LCC explain this and how many jobs Unite have created?
5. On October 31st, 2015 in Hong Kong Cllr Gary Millar acted for the LCC and the Mayor of Liverpool at the same time he was the PR and salesman for NPG Ltd, could the LCC state just how many jobs came into the Liverpool Chinatown building project from, Cllr Gary Millar’s trip to the far east?
6. Can the LCC now after five years explain why and who sent him to Hong Kong and did the ratepayers (Public) foot his expense’s.
7. Was Len McCluskey and Unite backing NPG Ltd due to the vast amount of investment coming into Liverpool?
8. Did Len McCluskey hold any meeting with PHD1 & NPG Ltd & New Chinatown Devolvement Ltd along with Mark Kitts, Cllr Ann O’Byrne, and Cllr Steve Munby?
9. Has Len McCluskey or Unite Liverpool taken any gifts and payments from PHD1 & NPG Ltd or any of its solicitors and agents from the past?
10. Has Len McCluskey and Unite ever hired Mr. ‘Derek Hatton’ or his son to become the middlemen, to deal with the Liverpool city council on behalf of Unite with building or land sales to Unite.
With regard to the content of your submission, as well as this information
not being held by Liverpool City Council, your request also comprises
speculation, comment and expression of opinion in relation to individuals
and seeks comment from individuals as opposed to information held by a
public authority, for which purpose Freedom of Information legislation
exists. This submission is therefore not a valid request for information
in its entirety.
In relation to the comments and speculation you make relating to
Warning - Submission of Information Requests with potentially Defamatory
It is our assessment that the content of your statements within your
request are in whole or part potentially defamatory in nature, that these
identify or refer to individuals and are being published by yourself
through the use of a public website forum to third parties.
We would further advise you that the defamatory statements made by
yourself either directly or through recognised aliases and contained
within the information requests referenced above fall within the meaning
of Article 14(1)(a) of the E-Commerce Directive (2000/31/EC). Under the
law of England and Wales, a defamatory statement is one which tends to
lower the claimant in the estimation of right thinking members of society
generally (Sim v Stretch  2 All ER 1237).
We would further advise that a defamatory statement is published at the
place where it is read, heard or seen, and is not where the material was
first placed on the internet. In internet cases, therefore, provided a
small number of people have access to the material on the internet in
England, the English courts will have jurisdiction to hear the claim
against a foreign defendant (Spiliada Maritime Corp v Cansulex Ltd 
We would therefore advise that you take prompt action to remove or
disabled access to the Offending Webpages.
In the event that this confirmation is not received, the individuals named
directly or by implication within the above referenced information
requests and publicly displayed on the Offending Websites shall reserve
the right to issue proceedings against you seeking relief for defamation.
The remedies that may be available to the these individuals include an
injunction restraining further publication of the Offending Statement
[pending trial], damages, legal costs and interest.
LIVERPOOL CITY COUNCIL DISCLAIMER
This email contains proprietary confidential information some or all of
which may be legally privileged and/or subject to the provisions of
privacy legislation. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this e-mail; you must not use, disclose, copy, print or
disseminate the information contained within this e-mail. Please notify
the author immediately by replying to this email.
Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states these to be the views of
Liverpool City Council.
This email has been scanned for all viruses and all reasonable precautions
have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present. Liverpool City
Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now