JSA claims to be done online

Roedd y cais yn llwyddiannus.

Dear Department for Work and Pensions,

You have an 80% target for new JSA claims to be done online, what other ways do the other 20% claim?

John Woodcock (Barrow and Furness, Labour)
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what targets he has set for moving applications for jobseeker's allowance online
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa...

Yours faithfully,

Paul Creasy

DWP freedom-of-information-requests, Adran Gwaith a Phensiynau

This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
 
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct. 
 
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
 
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
 
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
 
[1]http://www.dwp.gov.uk/freedom-of-informa...
 

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

References

Visible links
1. http://www.dwp.gov.uk/freedom-of-informa...

DWP Strategy Freedom of Information, Adran Gwaith a Phensiynau

1 Atodiad

Dear Paul Creasy,

Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. Please find enclosed our acknowledgment of its receipt.

If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference number above.

Yours sincerely,

DWP Central FoI Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your right to complain under the Freedom of Information Act

If you are not happy with this response you may request an internal review by e-mailing [DWP request email] or by writing to DWP, Central FoI Team, Caxton House, Tothill Street, SW1H 9NA. Any review request should be submitted within two months of the date of this letter.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office for a decision. Generally the Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted our own complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF www.ico.gov.uk

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

Operations FOI Requests, Adran Gwaith a Phensiynau

1 Atodiad

Dear Mr Creasy
 
Please find attached the reply to your recent Freedom of Information
request reference number 280:
 
 
 
Thank you
 
DWP Freedom of Information Team
 
 
 
 

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

Gadawodd C. Ruption anodiad ()

So! When you fill in the application on line (the government's preferred method) you get to almost the end of the form and then it states that you can not proceed any further with the application unless you provide a phone number so they can contact you to complete the application.

This completely defeats the object, and is more than enough to outrage you if the sole reason you applied on-line was because you are not on the phone.

Gadawodd S. Rotheram anodiad ()

A related request can be found here:-
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/h...

Gadawodd S. Rotheram anodiad ()

Update:- "...Claims for benefit can be made by any of the methods allowed for by the law for the particular benefit concerned (the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1987). Regulation 4ZC of those Regulations allows JSA to be claimed electronically by those who want to and are able to claim by that method. We encourage claims to be made online where possible but THAT DOES NOT AND CANNOT LEGALLY PRECLUDE JSA BEING CLAIMED BY ONE OF THE ALTERNATIE METHODS(My caps)." "...clerical form JSA1 (or a form JSA4RR, if they are reclaiming JSA)".
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/h...