Dear The Institute of Cancer Research,
Please could you provide the following information?
· The number of Sites
· The number of Employees
· The number of IT Staff
· The amount of the annual IT budget
· The number of Desktops?
· Do you use VDI?
· If so what platform do you use?
· When is the desktop Refresh date?
· When is the date support contract ends?
· When is the VDI refresh date (if relevant)?
· The number of Windows Servers?
· The number of UNIX/Linux Servers?
· What technology is the server platform?
· What technology is the virtualisation platform?
· What operating system do you use?
· What is the virtualisation refresh dates?
· What percentage of the environment is Virtualised?
· When is the server Refresh Date?
· What is the value of contract?
· Where are the datacentres?
· What is the volume of Data in TBs
· Which storage vendor/manufacturer do you use?
· Do you use Storage Virtualisation?
· When is the Storage Refresh Date?
· When does the Storage Support contract end?
· What is the value of contract?
• What is the Tape vendor branch used?
• Do you use disk backup?
• What backup software do you use?
• When is the Backup refresh date?
• What is the value of support contract?
• When is the Disaster Recovery contract renewal date?
• Network vendor?
• Network speed?
• Storage network?
• Network refresh date
• Value of contract
• Do you use WAN optimisation?
• If so what product do you use?
• Network virtualisation?
· What are the Database vendors ued?
· What is the Email provider used?
· What is the CRM Provider used?
· What is the ERP Platform used?
· What is the Database Archival used?
· What is the Email Archival used?
· What is the File Archival used?
· Are you using or are interested in AWS/Google or Azure for cloud services?
· Do you use any Cloud File Storage? If so, what?
· What automation tools do you use?
· Do you outsource?
· When is the Outsource contract renewal date?
In addition please could you provide a copy of your IT Strategy for 2017 and an Organisation chart depicting the IT department with contact names?
The Institute of Cancer Research, London, confirms receipt of your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and will respond in due course.
The ICR Freedom of Information Office
Thank you for your email to The Institute of Cancer Research, London, requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please find our response below:
The information requested is contained in the attached documents.
Please note that the organogram lists just the job titles, the named post-holders have been omitted in compliance with the section 40(2) exemption of the FOIA, related to the protection of personal information.
If you are dissatisfied with this response, you may ask The Institute to conduct a review of this decision. To do this, please contact the Information Governance Manager in writing using this email address, describe the original request, explain your grounds for dissatisfaction, and include an address for correspondence. Any request for an internal review should be submitted as soon as possible and within 2 months from receipt of this letter.
The ICR Freedom of Information Office.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now