Dear University of Reading,
If halal meals are served at the University of Reading, Kindly send me the Halal Certificates.
Dear Mr Ashraf,
Thank you for your email.
This is to acknowledge receipt of your request for information.
COVID19 – Notice of possible impact on requests for information
The University is doing all it can to minimise disruption and meet statutory deadlines during these challenging times and your patience and understanding would be much appreciated.
Please be advised that many staff across the University are now working remotely. Staffing numbers and ease of access to some information may be affected during this time.
We will do all we can to respond to your request in 20 working days from receipt of your request, however delays in responding to your request may be unavoidable. We will notify you of any delay to your request if this is likely to exceed the 20 day timeframe.
We would like to ask you to help us at this time by:
• Consulting our publication scheme prior to making a request – the information may already be available. If you subsequently find the information you have requested is already available, please notify us and withdraw your request
• If you are seeking information relating to COVID19 measures taken by the University, please consult our dedicated pages here
• If you are looking for a staff contact please use or staff directory (please note that many staff are currently off site)
• If you are seeking information relating to IT security and/or polices, please consult our IT and IMPS pages here
• We may in some instances have readily available information but for differing timeframes, for example earlier years. Please consider whether this would be of use to you.
• Please be mindful that these are unprecedented and very challenging circumstances. Whilst the University will be doing everything it can to meet compliance obligations, priority is necessarily being given to the provision of teaching and learning, including remote working to support these functions. Please consider whether your request could be made at a later date.
Your request has been assigned a reference number in the subject line (IMPS#02854); please quote this on future correspondence, thank you.
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
Dear Mr Ashraf,
We have completed the compilation of information in response to your
We can confirm that we do hold the information specified in your request.
Our responses are given below each limb of your request and attached.
************* FOI RESPONSE ***********
If halal meals are served at the University of Reading, Kindly send me the
Please see attached zip folder, Halal Certificates, for the information
Please note: some information has been withheld under section 40(2) of the
FOIA by virtue of s40 (3) (a)(i), this is because this information is
personal data, specifically the names of some third parties.
Section 40(2) of the FOIA allows a public authority to withhold
information from a response to a request under the FOIA when the
information requested is personal data relating to someone other than the
requestor, and its disclosure would breach any of the Data Protection
principles. In this case we believe that the disclosure of the names of
these individuals would not be within their reasonable expectations and as
such would be unfair and in breach of the first data protection principle
which requires personal data to be processed fairly and lawfully.
We are required to include details of our complaints procedures, including
your rights to apply to the Information Commissioner. The procedure is
detailed in our Freedom of Information and Environmental Information
Regulations policy on the web at
If we are unable to resolve any complaint, you can complain to the
Information Commissioner, the independent body who oversees the access to
information regimes: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Information Compliance Officer
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading,
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
[University of Reading request email] t: +44 (0)118 378 8981
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now