Information on Halal products

NHS England Nid oedd gan y wybodaeth y gofynnwyd amdani.

Dear NHS England,

Kindly provide halal certificates for halal meals/products served in NHS hospitals

Yours faithfully,

Hammaad Ashraf


Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, NHS England has paused the
investigation of new and existing complaints. This enables clinical staff,
including GPs, to focus on front line patient care. It also enables our
complaints teams to provide vital support to the NHS.

We will continue to review and acknowledge all new complaints and will act
upon any concerns about patient safety or safeguarding. However, we will
not investigate the complaint or respond until further notice.

All customers awaiting a response to a complaint will be notified that the
investigation is on hold.


We will resume our complaints service as soon as possible. In the
meantime, thank you for your patience and understanding.

We are currently receiving a higher than usual volume of emails so it may
take us a little longer to respond. In the meantime, you may find the
following information helpful.
Please note: our normal working hours are 08:00 to 18:00 from Monday to
Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Emails received at the weekend will not
be reviewed until the next working day.
How can the Customer Contact Centre help me?
NHS England commissions or buys primary care services; for example, GPs,
dentists, opticians, and pharmacy services. We are also responsible for
prison healthcare, military health services, and some specialised
services. We can provide advice about accessing, giving feedback or making
a complaint about these services.
You may be able to find the answer you are looking for in our Frequently
Asked Questions<>
and our website explains how to share feedback or make a
What if I have an enquiry or complaint about hospital care, NHS 111 or
out-of-hours GP services?
If your enquiry or complaint is about secondary care, this includes
hospitals, NHS 111, mental health services, out-of-hours services and
community services such as district nursing, you will need to contact the
organisation that provided the service. All hospitals have a Patient
Advice and Liaison Service
Alternatively, you can contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group
(CCG). You can find their contact details on the NHS
Does the NHS England Customer Contact Centre provide medical advice?
No. Our advisors are not clinically trained and are unable to provide
medical advice. If you require emergency medical attention, dial 999 or
attend your local Accident and Emergency department if you are able to do
If you require non-urgent medical advice please contact your GP, local
walk-in or urgent healthcare centre, or call NHS 111. Calls are free from
landlines and mobile phones.

How do I report a change of name or address?
You should report a change of name or address to your GP practice so they
can update their records. If your new address is outside the practice’s
catchment area you may be asked to register with a new GP practice.
You should also advise your dentist or optician of a change of name or
address as they keep their own records.

Where can I find further information about NHS England?
You can find information about NHS England and our work on our
How do you use my information?
NHS England’s privacy notice explains how we use, share and store your
personal information. You can find this on our
NHS England Customer Contact Centre

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir


Dear Hammaad Ashraf,  

Thank you for your communication dated 24 June 2020.

NHS England has assessed your communication as a request under the Freedom
of Information (FOI) Act 2000. As such, your request is being dealt with
under the terms of the FOI Act, and has been allocated the following
reference number: FOI- 2006-1204551.

Your exact request was:

“Kindly provide halal certificates for halal meals/products served in NHS

NHS England does not hold information in relation to your request.

It may help if we first explain that NHS England is not the same as ‘the
NHS in England’. The NHS in England is not a single organisation but is
made up of a range of organisations such as Hospitals, Clinical
Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Ambulance Trusts. NHS England is
responsible for commissioning primary care services such as GP and dental
surgeries, as well as some specialised secondary care services. Therefore,
any recorded information NHS England may be able to provide in response to
an FOI request will generally relate to the services NHS England

For information on commissioned services and the types of information NHS
England holds can be found on our [1]website and [2]publication scheme.
For further information on the NHS, its structure and other NHS
organisations please refer to the NHS [3]website.

This information may however be held by individual hospital Trusts. As
such, you may wish to redirect your enquiry to Trusts directly. You can
find Trust contact information on the NHS website at the following web


We hope this information is helpful. However, if you are dissatisfied, you
have the right to ask for an internal review. This should be requested in
writing within two months of the date of this letter. Your correspondence
should be labelled “Internal Review” and should outline your concerns
and/or the area(s) you would like the review to consider. Internal Review
requests should be sent to:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Email: [5][NHS England request email]

Please quote the reference number FOI- 2006-1204551 in any future

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can be contacted at
the following weblink:

Please note there is no charge for making an appeal.

Please be aware that in line with the Information Commissioner’s directive
on the disclosure of information under the FOI Act, your request will be
anonymised and published on our website as part of our disclosure log.

Please do not reply to this email. This message has been sent from a
central mailbox. To communicate with NHS England regarding Freedom of
Information (FOI) requests, enquiries or complaints we ask these are sent
directly to NHS England’s customer contact centre. This is to ensure all
communications are progressed correctly. Their postal address, telephone
number and email details are as follows: PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT;
0300 3 11 22 33, [7][NHS England request email].

Yours sincerely,

Freedom of Information
Communications Team
Office of the Chairs, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33
Email: [8][NHS England request email]

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir