Dear Glyndŵr University,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information about the
organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment:
1. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016, 2017 & 2018?
2. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
3. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)? (Month/year)
4. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
5. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
6. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
7. The total number of IT staff employed by the organization:
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team including
CIO, IT Director and Infrastructure Architects if applicable:
9. Please confirm if you are utilising desktop virtualisation technologies and if so how
many users do you provide services for?
10. What backup software do you use?
11. How much data do you backup in TB?
12. Number of servers?
13. What operating system(s) do you use?
14. Number of virtualised servers?
15. What percentage of your environment is virtualised?
16. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
17. Please also name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc.
18. Please also approximate the time spent managing your IT systems, specifically storage, per week in the unit of man hours. Also approximate the amount of time taken carving out LUNs and/or Volumes.
19. Please list any and all pain points that the IT teams, and organisation as a whole, experience with regard to the storage and usage of the virtualised workloads.
20. How is your storage connected, i.e. via Fibre Channel, Ethernet (NFS or ISCSi). If your storage is currently connected via Fibre Channel, do you have access to 10 GB Ethernet, or 1 GB ethernet, and if so, please declare which.
Ref: 031_cornish_IT information
Dear Ms Cornish
I acknowledge your request for information received on 20 February 2017.
Your request is being considered and you will receive the information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
There may be a fee payable for this information. This will be considered and you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day time limit for responses is suspended until receipt of the payment.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact the Freedom of Information Officer, Glyndwr University, Plas Coch, Mold Road, WREXHAM LL11 2AW or e-mail [Glyndwr University request email] or by phone 01978 290666.
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 01625 545 700
Dear Ms Cornish
Please find attached the University's response to your Freedom of Information request of the 20 February 2017.
Freedom of Information
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now