Dear Exeter City Council,
1. Over the past twelve months, how many people have made a homeless application at the Council?
2. Over the past twelve months how many people have been provided with interim accommodation pursuant to s.188 (1) of the Housing Act 1996?
3. Over the past twelve months, how many people have been provided with interim accommodation pursuant to s.189 (b) of the Housing Act 1996?
4. Over the past twelve months, how many homeless applicants have had their personal property protected by the local authority?
5. Please state the average length of time that the homeless applicant’s personal property is stored by the local authority?
6. Please provide details of the average cost of storing a homeless applicant’s personal property?
7. Under what circumstances do the local authority protect the personal property of homeless applicants?
8. As part of the homeless application process does the local authority expressly ask the homeless applicant, whether they need their personal property protected?
9. If not, please state the reasons why not?
10. Please provide copies of the local authorities’ policies regarding homeless applications?
11. Please provide a copy of the local authorities policy regarding protecting the personal property of homeless applicants?
12. Please disclose a copy of the council's homeless procedures manual or policy document followed by housing solutions officer at its homeless service centres/ homeless persons offices?
13. Please detail over the past three years, the number of complaints that have been made by homeless applicants because of the Council’s failure to protect their personal property?
Thank you for your request for information. I will arrange for a response
to be issued as soon as possible. If you have any queries about the
progress of your request, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your contact details will be forward to the department that holds the
information you have requested so that we can process your request. Your
details will not be shared for any other purpose and will not be shared
with any external organisations.
Please note that information relating to schools, education, trading
standards, social care (e.g. care homes) and highways is held by Devon
County Council and your request should be re-directed to them. Their
contact details are as follows:
Information Governance Team
Telephone: 01392 383000 - ask for information governance
Email: [email address]
for Corporate Manager, Executive Support
Exeter City Council
Exeter EX1 1JN
Tel: 01392 277888
email: [Exeter City Council request email]
See our privacy notice for details on how we manage personal
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now