Dear Staffordshire County Council,
As part of Civic Voice’s ongoing Big Conservation Conversation campaign, we are undertaking research across England to ascertain how many local authorities currently have a Heritage Champion.
Heritage Champions are encouraged by Historic England as an executive member of the council who has lead responsibility for heritage. The person is expected to work closely with local community groups, Conservation Officers and Planning officials.
Would you be able to provide the following information?
• Are you aware of Historic England’s Heritage Champion Initiative?
• Does your local authority currently have an appointed Heritage Champion and if so, when were they appointed?
• Do you have the name and contact details of the Heritage Champion?
• If you do not have a Heritage Champion, do you have any plans to appoint such a person?
Finance & Administration Officer
Dear Sophie Mason,
Thank you for your request for information received by Staffordshire
County Council on 11/11/2019.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact us.
Please remember to quote the case reference number above in any future
Dear Sophie Mason
Thank you for your request for information.
Please find information provided by the relevant service team(s) below.
• Are you aware of Historic England’s Heritage Champion Initiative? - Yes
• Does your local authority currently have an appointed Heritage Champion and if so, when were they appointed? - Yes.
Gill Heath was first appointed as Cabinet Member for the Environment and Rural Affairs (which included the heritage brief) in May 2013. Following a re-organisation of the Council’s Cabinet in May 2016, Gill was appointed as Cabinet Member for Communities and the Environment. Following a further reorganisation in May 2017, Gill was appointed as Cabinet Member for Communities (a portfolio which she still holds).
• Do you have the name and contact details of the Heritage Champion? Councillor Gill Heath is our Heritage Champion. See link - http://moderngov.staffordshire.gov.uk/mg...
• If you do not have a Heritage Champion, do you have any plans to appoint such a person? N/A
If you have any comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority you should contact us in the first instance. Send your comment or complaint to:
Access Manager, Access Team, Staffordshire County Council, 2 Staffordshire Place, Stafford ST16 2DH or email [email address]
If you then have any further comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority, please contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Information Governance Unit
Staffordshire County Council
1 Staffordshire Place
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now