Heart Failure Service Information
Dear Sir / Madam
We are conducting a project which involves mapping heart failure services across the NHS and this request for information regarding the services provided by your organisation is an important part of this.
I would be grateful if you could please answer the following questions.
1. What is the name of your Heart Failure Service?
2. Population served by the Heart Failure Service?
3. What is the service setting?
a) Acute hospital
b) Community hospital
c) Integrated care
d) Primary care
4. Approximate case load of Heart Failure patients seen per week?
5. Number of follow ups in 2021/22?
6. Which populations do you provide the following services for and are you commissioned for these services?
a) Heart Failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFrEF)
b) Heart Failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFpEF)
7. Staff dedicated to Heart Failure:
a) Number of Heart Failure consultants (pa's)
b) Number of Heart Failure nurses (WTE)
c) Number of Heart Failure Pharmacists (WTE)
8. Which of these (a to g) does your NHS organisation have?
a) Access to open access ECHO
b) Access to Cardiac rehab?
c) HF Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT)
d) Cardiologist Non HF specialist
e) Cardiologist HF specialist
f) Cardiology Pharmacist
g) GPwER (previously called GPwSI)
9. Which of the following (h to n) service models do you provide?
h) Acute inpatient
i) HF outpatient
j) Hospital based ambulatory heart failure unit
k) Community based ambulatory heart failure unit
l) Home based service / care
m) Community based clinic
n) Heart Failure virtual ward
10. Do you believe that the current service specification adequately reflects the range and volume of activity your service provides? (Yes / No)
Many thanks in advance.
Thank you for your enquiry, we will reply promptly and in any event, a response will be sent no later than 24 May 2022.
Freedom of Information
Dear Freedom of Information (NHS Borders),
Many thanks for your response.
Please could you clarify the response to question 6? Do you provide services for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF) or heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF)?
I can confirm that we provide services for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF).
Freedom of Information
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now