Thank you for your Freedom of Information request.
In accordance with S.1 (1) (a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), I can confirm that we do hold the
information relevant to your request. FOI 778
1. Does the Trust provide onsite accommodation for substantive staff? Yes
2. Does the Trust provide onsite accommodation for temporary staff who require overnight accommodation
to execute their duties? Yes providing the overnight stay needs of permanent staff have been met first.
3. Where Trust accommodation is not available where does the Trust advise staff to book outsourced
accommodation? Local B+B’s or Travel Lodge.
4. Does the Trust hold any existing relationships with accommodation providers and if so, please name those
providers that you use? Bedfordshire Pilgrims’ Housing Association (building only-not the service).
5. How much does outsourced accommodation cost either the Trust or the staff member using it? Depends on charge levied by provider.
6. Between 2019 and 2020 on average how many workers per week used overnight accommodation and
what is the average length of booking? Approximately 6 staff per week with a length of stay of between 2 and 5 nights depending on rota and on-
If you are not satisfied with the Trust review under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 you may apply
directly to the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) for a review of your appeal decision. The ICO can be
contacted at: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF www.ico.org.uk
Yours sincerely, IG/FOI Coordinator
This information is provided for your personal use and is the property of Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust and
subject to any existing Intellectual Property and Database Rights. Any commercial application or use of this
information may be subject to the provisions of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015
(RPSI). This means that if you wish to re-use the information provided for commercial purposes for any reason
you must ask the Trust for permission to do so.
Please note that the Trust has a formal internal review and complaints process which is managed by the
Information Governance Manager/Data Protection Officer. Should you have any concerns with our response,
you can make a formal request for an internal review. Requests for internal review
should be submitted within
three months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter, and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org