Dear Belfast City Council,
Further to the incident predicted and warned to HSENI who choose not to pass the warning to local councils at the Clay Oven Ballyhackmore and the Councils response to request 400 catering premesis to provide commerical catering reports I would ask the following questions please?
1. How many commerical catering reports were requested this year 2019 to insure that operators are complying with Legislation 35 GSIU&R to keep staff and public safe?
2. Do the Council request operators keep records/diary of all work on Gas and Ventilation work carried out on premises? Does the EHO’s request details of who has repaired and maintained has applies as several illegal gas worker are currently doing the rounds in Belfast unchallenged as usual by HSENI and Gas Safe?
3. Did Belfast finally get all 400 reports returned?
4. How many of the reports showed installations which were Immediately Dangerous?
5. How many of the reports showed installations which were At Risk?
6. Can we have a copy of report into Clay Oven incident given its nearly 16 months since the explosion?
7. Does the council have any staff specifically assigned to monitor Gas Compliance to insure health and safety? If what number?
Dear Mr King
Further to your request for information under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000. please see attached response.
Health and Safety Unit
Belfast City Council
Tel. 02890 320202 x3297
Any personal details that you provide the Council will be handled in
accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
As such we will only use your data for the purposes that you have given
this information for and will only be shared where necessary to provide
the service that you are contacting us about.
If you would like further information in regards please see the website
The information contained in or attached to this message is intended only
for the people to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, storage,
disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited.
This information may be confidential or subject to legal privilege. If you
have received this
email in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your email software and then delete the email from your inbox.
The contents of this
message do not represent the expressed view of Belfast City Council unless
that is clearly stated. Belfast City Council cannot accept liability in
the event that the
onward transmission, opening, or use of this message and/or any
attachments adversely affects the recipient's systems or data.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now