Foster Carer Respite
Alastair Scott-McKinley made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to Northern Health and Social Care Trust (Northern Ireland)
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear Northern Health and Social Care Trust (Northern Ireland),
This request focuses on respite (short break/ support care) provision for foster carers and looked after children in the financial year 2020-21. I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
1. Please can you provide a copy of the Trust’s respite policy and procedures
2. If not stated in your respite policy, please can you tell me the process used by the foster carer for requesting respite.
3. If not stated in your respite policy, please can you provide a copy of the assessment tool used by social work staff to determine if respite is to be approved.
4. If not stated in your respite policy, please can you outline all professionals who are involved in decision making concerning approval and provision of a single instance of respite.
5. Please can you tell me the number of Trust foster carers who have requested respite care in the last year.
a. Please break this down by emergency/ planned/ any other designation used by the trust
b. Please also provide the number foster carers who received respite when requested
c. Please also provide the number of foster carers who were refused respite when this was requested.
Emergency Respite, Number Requested, Number Provided, Number Refused
Planned Respite, Number Requested, Number Provided, Number Refused
Any other respite designation(s), Number Requested, Number Provided, Number Refused
6. If not stated in your respite policy, please can you tell me the annual total number of days respite entitlement that an approved foster carer has within the trust (please also outline any difference between non fee paid/ fee paid foster carers).
7. Please can you tell me the number of foster carers who have received/ not received their annual respite entitlement within in the trust in the last year.
8. If not stated in the respite policy what alternative arrangements are possible for respite other than placement with an approved trust foster carer.
9. Please can you provide a copy of the equality screening for your respite policy.
If the request is too broad or unclear, please contact me for clarification and advise me how I can make the request clearer.
If any of the information is already in the public domain, please send it to me directly with page references or URLs when necessary.
If the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance under the section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine the request.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within 20 working days after receiving this request. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing you have received this request.
Please provide the information as an electronic copy.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Health & Social Care has experienced unprecedented pressures due to COVID-19. The Trust understands the significance of your request and we will endeavour to meet the legislative deadlines in all situations; however, delays may occur. We therefore would appreciate your forbearance during these exceptional circumstances. Should you wish to speak to a member of staff, please contact 028 2766 1293.
Dear Mr Scott-McKinley,
I wish to acknowledge receipt of your FOI request detailed below.
Your request is being processed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000; however, as you will appreciate, Health & Social Care are experiencing pressures due to COVID 19 and therefore you may experience a delay.
Your patience and understanding during this period is very much appreciated.
Information Governance Officer
8E Coleraine Road
Tel: 028 27661256 Tie-line:- 363256
Email:- [email address]
Dear Alaistair, please find attached.
Information Governance Officer
Tel: 028 276 61415 (ext 363415)
8e Coleraine Road
BALLYMONEY BT53 6BP
Dear Jardine, Irene,
Thank you for your prompt response.
Please could I seek clarification of the following item
"3. If not stated in your respite policy, please can you provide a copy of the assessment tool used by social work staff to determine if respite is to be approved."
"Each case is individually assessed by the Fieldwork Team and Family Placement Team."
Please can you provide a copy of the criteria used by the Fieldwork Team and Family Placement Team during assessment.
I work Mon, Wed and Friday, outside of these days
please direct your email to [Northern Health and Social Care Trust (Northern Ireland) request email] or contact 028 276 61293 if urgent.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now