Dear Department of Health (Northern Ireland),
I am writing to make a request for all the following information which I am entitled to under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please can you provide
1) A copy of the Foster Care Allowances model scheme for the tax year April 2021 to April 2022
2) Details of the most recent review of the foster care allowances model scheme,
a) when did this review take place?
b) what aspects of the model scheme did the review cover?
c) Was this review an uprating (adjustment for inflation etc) or a rebasing (recalculation using original methodology)?
3) Details concerning how frequently an ‘uprating’ review of the model scheme occurs and when this is next is due.
4) Details concerning how frequently a ‘rebasing’ review of the model scheme occurs and when this is next is due.
5) A copy of the original ‘rebasing’ methodology used to calculate the foster care allowances as outlined the model scheme.
6) When did the last ‘rebasing’ of the foster care model scheme occur?
7) Details of the last update of the methodology used to ‘rebase’, calculate the foster care allowances outlined in the model scheme
8) A copy of the most recent consultation or research with foster carers on the adequacy of the foster care allowances as set out in the model scheme
9) A copy of the most recent consultation or research with fostering providers on the adequacy of the foster care allowances as set out in the model scheme
10) If there is no consultation/ research with foster carers or fostering providers on the adequacy of the foster care allowances as set out in the models scheme, please can you outline a timeframe for when such consultation/ research with each will take place?
I would like the above information to be provided to me as an electronic copy.
If the request is too broad or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand under the Act you are required to advise and assist requesters. If any of the information is already in the public domain, please send it to me directly with page references or URLs when necessary.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance under the section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine the request.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within 20 working days after receiving this request. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing you have received this request.
I love forward to hearing from you soon,
I have been advised by colleagues that the Department would not hold the information that you have requested. The information may be held by the Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) as it agrees the level of foster care allowances.
Please see link below to the HSCB access to information page.
Department of Health
Information Management Branch
Dear Robert Craig/ DoH FOI,
Thank you for your response.
I appreciate the time taken to respond and thank you for directing me to the HSCB
Dear Mr Scott-McKinley
Please find attached a letter in response to your request below.
Family Policy Unit
Family & Children’s Policy Directorate
Department of Health
Tel: 028 905 20140 | Email: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now