Dear Lincoln City Council,
In April 2017 Government introduced new rules into the public sector called the off-payroll reforms, commonly referred to as “IR35”.
We understand you may (or may not) have planned for this and developed a set of internal guidelines to be used when on boarding flexible workers, or contractors.
Please can you:
1. Tell us if you are familiar with these reforms – yes or no?
2. send us a copy of your internal guidelines used for any internal guidance,
3. send us any policies you use surrounding the reforms.
4. send us any documents you use to explain your policies to agencies who supply workers to you.
5. Send us your internal guidance explaining how you assess the status for each contractor.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – INFORMATION REQUEST
I refer to your request for information received on 11 December 2018
concerning the above and enclose the Council’s response.
If you wish to appeal against the handling of your request then please
contact the Freedom of Information Officer at the City of Lincoln Council,
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DB. Telephone 01522 873441 or
e-mail [Lincoln City Council request email].
If you remain unhappy you have right to complain to the Information
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow,
Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate) or
visit www.ico.org.uk or email [email address].
T 01522 873840
City of Lincoln Council
City of Lincoln Council
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DD
Read more about our vision
City of Lincoln Council is a Living Wage employer. If you would like to
know more about the Living Wage, or sign up to the Making Lincoln Living
Wage campaign, please visit www.lincolnagainstpoverty.co.uk/livingwage
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or classified material up to OFFICIAL and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. Please also notify the sender immediately
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000
the contents of this email may be disclosed.
The City of Lincoln Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and
For further information regarding how we protect your data see our
privacy notice for customers.
1. blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::mail
file:///tmp/blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email]
3. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now