Dear Craven District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Please see the Council's reply to your recent request for information.
e: [Craven District Council request email]
Craven District Council
1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, BD23 1FJ
This e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential
and intended only for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may
contain information covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you
are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Do not read, copy, use, retain or disclose this e-mail or any part of
it. Its contents do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Craven
District Council. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no
viruses are present in this e-mail. Craven District Council cannot accept
responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or
attachments and recommend that you subject these to virus checking
procedures prior to use.
Please be aware that all communications sent to or from Craven District
Council may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now