Dear Amber Valley Borough Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Thank you for your email. Please note that all matters concerning Schools and Education come under the jurisdiction of Derbyshire County Council. If you have not already done so, you can contact them by post at County Hall, Matlock DE4 3AG or email them at [email address] or telephone Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190. That being the case, I would inform you, in accordance with Section 1.1(a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, that the information you seek is not held by this authority.
Joan Jones | Civic Links & FOI Officer
Amber Valley Borough Council
Financial Services Directorate | Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
Email: [email address] | Telephone: 01773 841601 |
Making a Difference for Amber Valley
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now