Dear Allerdale District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. For all of the above information, could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
Please find attached the response to your recent information request
Jo Doran| Information Governance and Data Protection Officer
Allerdale Borough Council, Allerdale House, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3YJ
T: 01900 702898 |E: [Allerdale District Council request email] | W: www.allerdale.gov.uk
Making Allerdale a great place to live, work and visit
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now