Dear Shropshire Council,
Could you provide the statistics (listed 1-9) below for all Fixed Penalty Notices issued for the below offences (listed 10-22)? Could you provide these statistics for the financial years of 2015/16, 2016/17 & 2017/18? Could the stats be provided in an excel table format?
FPN Statistical breakdown
1. FPNs Issued
2. FPNs paid
3. Revenue collected
4. FPNs cancelled
5. FPNs prosecuted
6. Prosecution result (guilty)
7. Prosecution result (not guilty)
8. Complaints received
9. Complaints upheld
FPN Offence categories
11. Dog fouling
12. Smoking in prohibited places
13. Public Space Protection Orders (could you break the stats down into each order)
14. Community Protection Notices (could you break the stats down into each order)
15. Domestic Waste
16. Commercial Waste
17. Duty of Care Notices
18. Fly Tipping
19. Street Trading
20. Free Printed Lit
21. Abandoned Trolleys
22. Alley-Way Dumping
Could you also provide answers to the following questions please.
1. How many full-time officers council/contractor enforce the above-listed offences?
2. How many hours do these hours spend patrolling the borough per year (could you break this down into each offence category numbered 1-9 above)?
3. Can you confirm your council has the powers to enforce the above the legislation. If not, can you confirm which legislation the council has the power to enforce?
4. Can you confirm the name of each council department that has the power to enforce the above legislation?
5. Is the enforcement of the above Fixed Penalty Notices carried out by the council or a contractor?
6. If the answer to the above question is a contractor, could you answer the following questions
• Name of contractor
• Is the contract a pilot or procured contract
• Contract start date
• Contracts end date
7. If the answer to question 6 is a contractor, what is the total amount of invoices paid to the contractor for 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 financial years? Broken down into the specified years?
Dear Mr Wright
Thank you for your request for information received on 03/04/2018. We are
currently processing your request in accordance with the relevant
You have requested statistics about fixed penalty notices
(Please note this may be a summary of your request and full details, as
outlined in the request, will be sent to the team providing the response.)
If you feel the information is inaccurate or requires amendment, please
notify us as soon as possible using the contact details provided below.
Information Governance Team
Tel: 01743 252179 / 252774 / 252747
Email: [Shropshire Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now