Dear Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service,
Regarding the closure of the south end of Walton Street in Oxford city (barriers placed at the junction of Walton Street & Beaumont Street), please provide information on the following questions for the time range of 1st October 2019 to current:
1. how many times have the Fire Service needed to attend call outs to the Jericho area?
2. how many times have the Fire Service attempted/had to remove the barriers to enter Walton Street?
3. how many times have the Fire Service entered Jericho via Little Clarendon Street and Observatory Street?
4. what change, if any, has there been in your emergency response times to enter the Jericho area since the Walton Street junctionclosure?
5. have the fire engine teams/drivers reported, or, do you have any records of any concerns, with regard to frustration or difficulties to access the Jericho area for/during call outs?
6. does the Fire Service have any concerns about Walton Street being closed permanently?
Our Reference: FOI 16616
Thank you for your request for information received on 9th March 2020
requesting information held by OCC on the Fire Service impact from Walton
I am writing to ask you to clarify your request. This is because we need
further details from you in order to identify the information you are
seeking; Jericho does not have an official defined boundary, like a parish
or ward boundary, so our system is unable to automatically identify
incidents. Therefore, I should be grateful if you could specify the names
of the roads you consider to be in the ‘Jericho’ area.
Once we have these details your enquiry will be reconsidered and you will
receive the information requested, unless an exemption applies.
Please contact me if you would like some advice on refining your request.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Group Manager Paul Bremble
Freedom of Information Officer
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Community Safety Services│Communities Directorate
Oxfordshire County Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now