Dear Hertford College, Oxford,
I am requesting:
1) The total number of fines issued related to restrictions put in place due to Covid-19 (e.g. students exceeding household sizes, lack of social distancing, failing to wear a mask etc.) since 1 October 2020;
2) The number of fines broken down by size and type (e.g. suspended, part-suspended, or levied) as well as the total value of these fines;
3) Have any other forms of disciplinary action been taken (e.g. any form of community service, or warning letters being issued)?
4) How many students have been sent down* for Covid-19 related offences during this time period (*this includes any variation of rusticating, temporarily suspended, being asked to leave college accommodation or any other meaning of 'sent down')?
5) How much did the college earn through decanal fines in the same time period, last year.
Could you also break down this information into a termly basis i.e. the answers for the above in Michaelmas 2020, in Hilary 2021 and then a total for both terms?
If you need any clarification do not hesitate to contact me. Under section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act it is your duty to provide advice and assistance and so I would expect you to contact me if you find this request unmanageable in any way.
In response to your enquiry, I am able to confirm as follows:
For Michaelmas 2020:
2) One of £50, and one of £100, both levied.
3) Warnings and reminders will have been issued as appropriate, as per
5) This has been interpreted as relating to any student fines (which would
include any charges for damage or breakages etc.), as Decanal fines are
not applicable. The total value was £1,015
For Hilary 2021 to the date of request:
With kind regards,
Bursar and Fellow
Hertford College, Catte Street
Oxford, OX1 3BW
T: +44 (0)1865 279414
M: +44 (0)7973 994499
E: [email address]
PA: Linda Cassettari
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now