Dear West Devon Borough Council,
I am seeking information about the potential impact of central government welfare reform policies on eviction rates and geographical displacement of households with council housing tenancies. My information request relates to three welfare reform policies:
- Under-Occupancy (also known as Removal of Spare Room Subsidy / Bedroom Tax)
- The Benefit Cap
- Universal Credit roll-out
I understand that under Section 16 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 there is a duty to assist and advise the requester. I would appreciate your advice if you think my request needs any clarification in order to get the information that I am looking for, or if it would exceed the cost limit in its present form.
1. Please provide an annual breakdown since April 2010 of the total number of unique council tenancies - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - that have been evicted due to the non-payment of rent arrears.
2. For each year of this annual breakdown since April 2013, please disclose how many of these evicted households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - had at some point been affected by:
b. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap
c. Under-occupancy and the Benefit Cap and Universal Credit roll-out
3. How many of the evicted households affected by a, b, or c - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - went on to make a successful homelessness application to the local authority?
4. Of these successful homeless applications, please disclose how many households - including the total number of people recorded as living in them - were placed in temporary accommodation in a different local authority area and disclose the destination local authority area in each case.
Dear Ms Weaver
Freedom of Information request - Ref: 661370
Thank you for your request for information on 24/01/2018 15:03:40.
I can confirm that the Council holds/does not hold the information you
I note from my records that it would appear you did not receive a response
to your request. Please accept my sincere apologies for this error.
I appreciate this response may be too late for your purposes, however
should you still require this information please do not hesitate to
contact me again and I will arrange for the data to be provided.
Once again please accept my apologies.
Freedom of Information Officer
West Devon Borough Council
PO Box 237
Email: [email address]
This e-mail is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or other action taken in reliance of the information
contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, if you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete this e-mail from your system. Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of
electronic communications. This e-mail message has been scanned for
computer viruses; however, no liability in respect of damage caused by any
virus which is not detected will be accepted.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now