Environmental information relating to any concerns raised about the location of Traveller sites in hazardous or polluted locations

Staffordshire County Council Nid oedd gan y wybodaeth y gofynnwyd amdani.

Dear Staffordshire County Council,

Please could you provide the following information on socially rented Traveller sites in your local authority area for the five full calendar years between 2017 and 2021. This includes all sites owned and managed by the local authority or by a housing association, but not private sites. For any 'yes' answers, please specify in your answer which site the answer refers to, e.g. 'Mary Street, Bradford', or 'Esholt Site, Bradford'.

For the purposes of this request, this is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.

For more information: https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisatio... https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/gui...

If you are unable to provide five years of information within the FOI/EIR cost limits, please prioritise 2021 and work backwards in reverse chronological order.

1a. Have you received any environmental complaints from residents or other parties, including council officers, between 2017 and 2021? Please respond with a 'Yes' or 'No' answer for each of the five years.

1b. For any 'Yes' answers, please list how many complaints you received by type for each calendar year. For example: 2017 - Total: 18 - 8 complaints for vermin, 2 from odour from refuse dump, 1 for noise, 3 for insects, 1 for dust, 2 for air pollution, 1 for flooding etc

2a. Between 2017 and 2021, has the council measured air or noise pollution, or taken soil samples to test for contamination? Please respond with a 'Yes' or 'No' answer for each of the five years for air, soil and noise separately. For example: 2017 - Noise pollution - Yes; Soil - No; Air pollution - Yes.

2b. For any 'Yes' answers, please state whether or not pollution or contamination exceeded legal or recommended levels, or was higher than the local authority area average on the site at any point through each year. Please give as much detail as you can, such as the month the breach occurred. For example: 2017 - Noise pollution exceeded legal or recommended levels in March; air pollution exceeded legal level.

Yours faithfully,

Katharine Quarmby

Access Information, Staffordshire County Council

Dear Katharine Quarmby

Thank you for your request for information.

The information you have requested is not held by Staffordshire County Council as it does not relate to a County Council function.

I therefore recommend that you send your request to the local borough and district council(s) and/or Stoke on Trent City Council - https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Contact...

A summary of information that the county council does and does not hold is available on our website - www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Councilinformat...

If you have any comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority you should contact us in the first instance. Send your comment or complaint to:

Access to Information Manager, Access to Information Team, Staffordshire County Council, 1 Staffordshire Place, Stafford ST16 2DH or email [Staffordshire County Council request email]

If you then have any further comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority, please contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or submit an online complaint - https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Denise McNally-Cyples

Denise McNally-Cyples │Business Support Assistant
Access to Information Team – Corporate Services
1 Staffordshire Place
Tipping Street Stafford ST16 2DH
Email: [Staffordshire County Council request email]

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir