Dear Churchill College, Cambridge,
For the years 2015-2020, may I request you to provide me with the following information concerning applicants for the undergraduate Engineering course to your College from China (mainland):
1. The total number of Chinese applicants;
2. The number and percentage of direct offers made among all Chinese applicants;
3. The number and percentage of winter pool offers made by other colleges to applicants who originally applied to your college among all Chinese applicants;
4. The number and percentage of acceptances among Chinese applicants who were offered a place.
Dear Mr Hall,
Please find below the response from Churchill College, Cambridge to your
Freedom of Information request, received 12 August 2020.
You requested information regarding undergraduate applicants for the years
2015-2020. We have not included data for the 2020 UCAS round, as that
round is yet to be finalised, and hence figures do not exist. Hence, the
data below covers the UCAS rounds 2015-2019.
1. The total number of Chinese applicants
There were 679 Engineering applicants over this time period, of which 37
(5.45%) were Chinese
2. The number and percentage of direct offers made among all Chinese
There were 98 direct offers made to Engineering applicants over this time
period, of which 10 (10.20%) were to Chinese applicants.
3. The number and percentage of winter pool offers made by other colleges
to applicants who originally applied to your college among all Chinese
No (0, 0%) Chinese Engineering applicants were taken from the Winter Pool
by other Colleges over this time period.
4. The number and percentage of acceptances among Chinese applicants who
were offered a place.
8 (80% of those with direct offers) Chinese Engineering applicants were
accepted at Churchill over this period
If you are not satisfied with the way in which this request has been
handled, please address your complaint to the Bursar, Churchill College.
If the College is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction,
you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner
Acting College Data Protection Lead
[Churchill College, Cambridge request email]
Registered Charity: No 1137476
Churchill College takes its responsibilities to protect your data
seriously. The College’s data protection privacy statements are available
This email (together with any files transmitted with it) is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain
information which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email (or
telephone) and delete the original message.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now