Dear Salford City Council,
I am submitting this freedom of information request to find out the following information regarding elective home education. When I refer to 'children', I mean they are either de-registered from a school or have never been registered with a school. Please provide copies of all available documents, research and paperwork.
A) I would like to know which department within the local authority deals with elective home education?
1) I would like to know who is currently employed in this team, and who the team leader is.
2) I would like to know who they report to.
3) What form of contact they use with families the first time they contact them.
i) Please supply copies of policies and procedures used for elective home education, for staff use or supplied to Home educators.
B) Has the LA made the team dealing with elective home education aware that there is no requirement to investigate a case or for the LA to seek to satisfy itself that a suitable education is being provided when they know the reason why a child has ceased to attend school? The specified reason being, parents have given legal notification to a school that they are educating otherwise than at school.
C) I would like to know how many children are currently known as being electively home educated in the local authority.
D) How many pupils have been de-registered from school to be electively home educated?
Please provide numbers for: July 2015, July 2016 and July 2017. Please categorise these into:
- Children with no known SEN
- Children with SEN (with and without EHCPs).
- Children de-registered from special schools
- Children with care plans (break down into CIN, CPP and EHCP).
- Children under services such as; CAHMS
Please find enclosed the Council's response to your recent freedom of information enquiry.
Julie Bond Principal Information Governance Officer
Legal & Governance Division
DD 0161 793 3041
E [email address]
Salford City Council
Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton M27 5AW
T 0161 794 4711
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now