Dear Leeds College of Music,
As a request under the Freedom of Information Act, I would like to make a request regarding digital/online mental health services provided to students at your institution:
1. Does your HEI provide any digital and/or online services specifically for supporting students’ mental health?
Answers to this question might include (but are not limited to) digital or online support services (such as Big White Wall/’BWW’); internet-delivered programs (which may be based on cognitive-behavioural therapy or other approaches) with or without therapist support (such as SilverCloud, MoodGym); smart phone apps (such as SAM App, Headspace); online or email-based therapy/counselling; or informational websites.
2. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, please state the names of them.
3. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, please provide more information about how they are provided.
If you do not provide this service directly, then please state who does. For example, it may be provided via an external organisation, a local NHS trust / IAPT, charity, or the HEI themselves.
4. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, please provide information about which department/service they are hosted in within the HEI.
For example, this may be within the university counselling service, within student welfare services, or within the university’s health promotion service.
5. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, please state how students at the HEI access these.
For example, students may self-refer or be referred by staff or a healthcare professional.
6. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, could you state whether you have access to any routine data relating to their use by your students.
For example, this might be psychological measures for stress, anxiety, or depression; or usage of the digital services (logins, time spent using service, completion rates, satisfaction of online service).
7. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, could you state the total number of students who used the named service in the most recent academic year for which you have data available (for example, 2018/19; 2017/18) and state which year this was.
8. If your HEI does provide any digital and/or online services, please state how students using these services can be signposted or referred to traditional face-to-face counselling or mental health services.
Answers to this question might include (but are not limited to) information within the digital/online services about how to self-refer to face to face support services/ mental health services; referral prompts within the digital services for students describing problems associated with a high level of risk or urgency.
I kindly request that the information is sent digitally in a spreadsheet format: Excel format (.xlsx) would be ideal if possible.
If you need any clarification then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your request for information about Leeds College of Music.
The answers to your questions are attached in a spreadsheet, as requested.
Director of Quality and Student Experience
Leeds College of Music
www.lcm.ac.uk | @leedsmusic
A company limited by guarantee with charitable status, Registered in England and Wales Company number 7596410
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of this response and should be addressed to: The Principal, Leeds College of Music, 3 Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7PD.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now