Dear University of Huddersfield,
This request relates to students who enrolled in your LLB Law course (course code: M100) in September or October 2017 and September or October 2018. I refer to these as the “relevant students”.
I request the following data:
1. A complete, anonymised list of all (I)GCSE grades achieved by the relevant students who enrolled in each year;
2. A complete, anonymised list of all A-level grades achieved by the relevant students who enrolled in each year;
3. A complete, anonymised list of all IB grades achieved by the relevant students who enrolled in each year.
A. Please provide the data for 2017 and 2018 separately.
B. Please do not include data from other law-related courses (such as Law with a Language, Joint Honours Law, or Law with a Year Abroad) if these courses are offered by the university.
C. Please express your response in such a way that each row or bullet point represents a separate, anonymous student.
D. Please provide the data under the following sub-headings, in the following order:
List of (I)GCSE grades for 2017
List of (I)GCSE grades for 2018
List of IB Scores for 2017
List of IB Scores for 2018
List of A-level grades for 2017
List of A-level grades for 2018
Dear Mr Razenstein,
I acknowledge receipt of your Freedom of Information request received on 9 August 2019.
Your request is being considered and you will receive the information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days, as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being exempt.
Please note that if the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release the information to you.
Freedom of Information Officer
Our response to your request for information dated 9 August 2019 is provided below, in accordance with the original numbering of your request.
1. The University does not hold a complete dataset of GCSE results for the relevant students. This is because where minimum entry requirements are specified (e.g. 3 GCSEs) the applicant may only provide the information which satisfies the minimum requirement, whilst others may provide a full set of grades at GCSE level.
2. The information requested on A-level grades is exempt under section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and is therefore being withheld. The information is commercially sensitive and the commercial interests of the University would be prejudiced by its disclosure given the increasingly competitive nature of the HE sector. Having considered the public interest, the University's decision is to withhold the information.
3. The University does not hold information on IB grades.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your requests, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within 40 working days from the date of our response to your original request and should be addressed to the University Secretary, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield HD1 3DH or by email to [University of Huddersfield request email].
Please note that all copyright in this response belongs to the University of Huddersfield; you are not permitted to publish, reproduce, copy or otherwise use this response, except as permitted by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Further information about the Freedom of Information Act can be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, http://www.ico.org.uk/.
Information Governance Officer
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now