Current social work caseloads

Pete Simpson made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to North Lanarkshire Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Roedd y cais yn llwyddiannus.

Dear North Lanarkshire Council,

Having made a previous request for historical information on social work caseloads can i make a new request based on current caseloads. I wish to request the following information
Breakdown on the number of cases allocated to each worker within the older adult team by the following areas
I wish for the information of the allocated number of cases to each worker (anonymous)within the older adult team - I believe this information is easily accessible through the social work recording system. My understanding each team leader would have access to information on how many cases are allocated to each of their workers. Should this request come in too late to cover February i am flexible that this may include over the period of a week for the start of March

Yours faithfully,


Keachie Jacqueline, North Lanarkshire Council

Dear Mr Simpson

I acknowledge receipt of your email which is receiving attention.

I shall contact you again when I am in a position to respond more fully to your request.

Yours sincerely

Jacqueline Keachie
for Freedom of Information Co-ordinator
North Lanarkshire Council
Civic Centre
01698 302232

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir

Kirkpatrick Angelene, North Lanarkshire Council

1 Atodiad

Dear Mr Simpson

Request for Information

I refer again to your e mail of 21 February 2018 seeking information in relation to current or social work caseloads.

Having investigated, please find attached list of all allocations open to workers as at 5 March 2018, under Older Adults SSW broken down by locality. Please note:-

• This is a snapshot taken on a single date
• The workers used for the allocation figures are all workers assigned to the Older Adult Seniors, not just social workers.
• Large variances in the numbers are often due to reallocations within the team.
• Not all Older Adult cases are allocated to Older Adult workers and sometimes seniors will run with a small caseload.

I can advise that North Lanarkshire Council, having regard to the provisions of Section 21 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, has established a procedure whereby any person who has requested information and is in any way dissatisfied with the decision on that request, can within forty working days require a review of that decision by writing to the Head of Business for Legal and Democratic Solutions, Civic Centre, Windmillhill Street, Motherwell ML1 1AB. Accordingly, if you are dissatisfied with this decision and seek such review please write to the Head of Business for Legal and Democratic Solutions.

I would advise, also, that in terms of Section 47 of the Act a person who is dissatisfied with a notice given by the local authority under Section 21 of the Act - ie. a notice following a review of a decision by a local authority, or by the failure of a local authority to give such a notice - may make application to the Scottish Information Commissioner for a decision as to whether, in any respect specified in that application, the request for information to which the requirement relates has been dealt with in accordance with the Act. Such an application must be made within six months of the review decision and be in writing or in another form which, by reason of it having some permanency is capable of being used for subsequent reference. The application must state the name of the applicant, and provide an address for correspondence. The application must also specify the request for information to which the requirement for review relates, the matter which gave rise to the applicant’s dissatisfaction with the original decision of the local authority and the matter which gives rise to the applicant’s dissatisfaction with the decision on review by the local authority or the failure of the local authority to issue such a decision. The Scottish Information Commissioner can be contacted as follows:-

Scottish Information Commissioner
Kinburn Castle
Doubledykes Road
St. Andrews
KY16 9DS
email: [email address]

Appeals to the Scottish Information Commissioner can also be made online via the following link: -

I hope this information is sufficient for your purpose. If, however, you require further information – or I can assist in any other way – please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Angelene Kirkpatrick
For Freedom of Information Co-ordinator
North Lanarkshire Council
Civic Centre
Windmillhill Street

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir