Croydon Local Logistics
Everton Wynter made this Rhyddid Gwybodaeth request to
Dear Croydon Borough Council,
Processes within the commissioning team:
1. Can you explain your commissioning process for private residential adult with learning disabilities care providers?
2. Do you operate an approved provider’s list of private residential care providers?
3. If so, how many providers are currently on this list?
4. Is the list closed, and if yes for how long?
5. Do you operate competitive tendering when introducing new organisations in the council’s procurement?
6. How can a private residential care home provider approach the council when wishing to introduce their service?
7. Who should be approached within the council to discuss referrals, rates, and commissioning?
8. Once a service is established how is this service promoted in the council?
Current services in place:
9. How many Adults with learning difficulties care homes does the council operate?
10. How many Adults with learning difficulties are placed in care homes that you operate?
11. How many Adults with learning difficulties are placed with private residential care providers?
12. What is the average weekly cost of placing an adult with learning disabilities in a care home you operate?
13. What is the average weekly cost of placing an adult with learning disabilities in a private care home including lowest and highest amount based on their needs?
14. What is the average size of the care homes you place adults with learning disabilities in (i.e. how many adults can they accommodate)?
15. What is the average distance adults with learning disabilities are a placed from their home?
16. Do you make more referrals to short stay residential placements or long-term residential placements for adults with learning disabilities?
17. When an adult with learning disabilities is referred do we have a contract for a set period of time?
18. How much do you charge private care homes per adult with learning disabilities for emergency referrals (maximum and minimum prices) and how much notice is the home given before an adult is placed?
19. Is there more of a need for more short-term placements or long-term placements for adults with learning disabilities?
20. What is the process for local authorities when making a referral to a private care home?
21. Do local authorities negotiate or have set rate or prices based on an adult's with learning disabilities needs?
22. Do rates vary depending on need/ behavioural problems?
23. Once established as a provider how will the organisation be promoted within the council?
24 What are the areas that local authorities feel need more service provision in?
25. What other services in the council refer adults with learning disabilities to homes?
26. How long do adults with learning disabilities stay in emergency short stay placements on average?
Dear Mr Wynter
Freedom of Information Request
Thank you for your recent request.
Your request is being considered and you will receive a response within
the statutory timescale of 20 working days, subject to the application of
any exemptions. Where consideration is being given to exemptions the 20
working day timescale may be extended to a period considered reasonable
depending on the nature and circumstances of your request. In such cases
you will be notified and, where possible, a revised time-scale will be
indicated. In all cases we shall attempt to deal with your request at the
There may be a fee payable for the retrieval, collation and provision of
the information requested where the request exceeds the statutory limit or
where disbursements exceed £450. In such cases you will be informed in
writing and your request will be suspended until we receive payment from
you or your request is modified and/or reduced.
Your request may require either full or partial transfer to another public
authority. You will be informed if your request is transferred.
If we are unable to provide you with the information requested we will
notify you of this together with the reason(s) why and details of how you
may appeal (if appropriate).
Please note that the directorate team may contact you for further
information where we believe that the request is not significantly clear
for us to respond fully.
Information in relation to the London Borough of Croydon is available
at http://www.croydonobservatory.org/. Also responses to previous
Freedom of Information requests can also be found on the following link
https://croydondata.wordpress.com/ Council services, online, 24/7
www.croydon.gov.uk/myaccount Download our new free My Croydon app for a
faster, smarter and better way to report local issues
www.croydon.gov.uk/app From 1 October 2015, it is a legal requirement for
all privately rented properties in Croydon to be licensed. Landlords
without a licence could face fines of up to £20,000. For more information
and to apply for a licence visit www.croydon.gov.uk/betterplacetorent
Please use this web site address to view the council's e-mail disclaimer -
Dear Mr Wynter
Freedom of Information Request
Please see attached the council's response to your Freedom of Information
Council services, online, 24/7 www.croydon.gov.uk/myaccount Download our
new free My Croydon app for a faster, smarter and better way to report
local issues www.croydon.gov.uk/app From 1 October 2015, it is a legal
requirement for all privately rented properties in Croydon to be licensed.
Landlords without a licence could face fines of up to £20,000. For more
information and to apply for a licence visit
www.croydon.gov.uk/betterplacetorent Please use this web site address to
view the council's e-mail disclaimer -