1. How did you distribute the COVID Winter Grant to vulnerable families, i.e. cash, food parcels or retail supermarket vouchers?
2. Did you use this grant to distribute financial support to families of children eligible for Free School Meals?
3. How many children were eligible for Free School Meals and how many children claimed financial support via the grant scheme?
4. Did you use the grant to distribute support to other vulnerable families / individuals and if so, which groups, i.e. homeless etc.?
5. If using supermarket vouchers
(a) which supplier(s) did you use to distribute the vouchers?
(b) how did you choose a supplier?
(c) what were your top 3 mandatory requirements for the service?
(d) did you coordinate the ordering to all beneficiaries/recipients, or was access delegated to schools to administer and order?
(e) did you enter into a direct contract with the supplier or call off via a framework?
(f) when does your contract end?
6. Following Government's extension of the COVID Winter Grant, will you continue to fund Free School Meal vouchers in May half-term and summer holidays?
7. Which role(s) and job functions manage the contract for this service?
Message classification: Not Protectively Marked.
Dear Mr Butterfield,
Your FOI Request was received by South Tyneside Council on the 29th April 2021.
Coronavirus and information requests
While the Council will endeavour to process your request within the statutory timescales, please be aware that resources may be diverted away from usual compliance or information governance work.
You may experience understandable delays when making requests for information during the pandemic.
We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
If you have any further queries regarding this matter then please do not hesitate to contact the FOI team on [South Tyneside Council request email] or 0191 424 6539 and quote the reference number FOI 21.0403.
South Tyneside Council
Dear Mr Butterfield
Please find attached the Council’s response to your Freedom of Information Request.
South Tyneside Council
Thank you for your prompt response which is hugely appreciated.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now