Dear University of Abertay Dundee,
Please treat this as a Freedom of Information Request.
Could you please send me information as to -
1. How many students have used the student councilling services between each of the four academic years of 2012-13 and 2015-2016?
2. Please send a breakdown by gender for each year.
3. Please send a breakdown by year of study for each year.
4. Please send statistics as to how many students have sought help through the university for the following issues between each of the four academic years of 2012-13 and 2015-2016? -
4.2 Eating Disorders
4.3 Depression and anxiety disorders
4.4 Substance Abuse (drug/alcohol)
4.5 Other Mental Health Issues
5. If you have a record of how many students received student councilling in the calendar year 2016-2017 then please provide this information.
6. Please send a breakdown by gender for the calendar year 2016-2017 if this is available.
7. Please send a breakdown by year of study for the calendar year 2016-2017 if this is available.
8. Please send statistics as to how many students sought help through the university for the following issues between the calendar years 2016-2017.
8.2 Eating Disorders
8.3 Depression and anxiety disorders
8.4 Substance Abuse (drug/alcohol)
8.5 Other Mental Health issues
9. Lastly, please tell me what suicide prevention strategy the university currently has in place, if any.
You may want to refer to the University of Aberdeen's response to my FOI request for a simple way to send the data. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c... Please note, questions 5-8 for the University of Aberdeen were slightly different.
Thank you for your time and help.
Dear Simone Kelly,
Thank you for your enquiry, which has been logged and passed to the relevant department within the University for processing. Please quote the reference number on the subject line above, should you need to contact the University regarding this request.
The University will make every effort to provide you with the information requested; if any clarification is required, the University will contact you as soon as possible.
In some circumstances, it may not be possible to provide you with an answer to your enquiry. Where the University believes this is the case, you will be informed in writing, stating the reason(s).
If the information you are seeking is already published by the University, or is otherwise available to members of the public, you will be sent details outlining how to access the information.
You will be advised if it is necessary for the University to charge a fee to cover the costs of processing your request. Should this be the case, please note the information cannot be released until such payment is received.
If you have any questions regarding your request for information, please contact:
DUNDEE DD1 1HG
E-mail: [University of Abertay Dundee request email]
Abertay University is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC016040
Dear Simone Kelly,
Please find attached the response to your request.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now