Dear Scarborough Borough Council,
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act, I wish to
receive the following information from your authority:
1. The name, frequency and distribution/circulation of your council
newspaper (by council newspaper I mean the most frequently
published newspaper or magazine intended for mass distribution
covering more than one topic)
2. How much it cost to produce and distribute said newspaper in the
last full financial year, and how much was budgeted from council
resources in the financial year 2009/2010
3. How much of that cost is offset by advertising
4. How much of that advertising, if any, comes from external
sources (ie not from your authority's budgets)?
5. Which other public sector partners pay to run advertising in
your newspaper, eg PCTs?
6. Whether recruitment advertising forms part of the advertising in
7. A copy of an editorial policy guide, if one exists, which
governs the material which is placed in the newspaper, and how it
8. A copy of an advertising policy guide, if one exists, which
governs what sort of advertising is suitable.
9. The number of people employed to put your newspaper/newsletter
together, including total cost and staff organisation chart
Some parts of this request may be easier to answer than others, and
should this prove to be the case I would ask that you release
available data as soon as possible rather than hold up the entire
I would prefer to receive this information electronically. If the
decision is made to withhold some of this data using exemptions in
Act, please inform me of that fact and cite the exemptions used.
If you need any clarification then please contact me at the email.
Under your section 16 duty to provide advice and assistance I would
expect you to contact me if you find this request unmanageable in
I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have
received this request, and I look forward to hearing from you in
the near future.
Please see attached response to your Freedom of Information request registered on 4 January 2010.
Communications Officer, Communications, Scarborough Borough Council
e: [email address] | t: 01723 232306 | m: 07875 877965 | f: 0870 2384159
Office: Town Hall, St Nicholas Street, Scarborough, North Yorkshire. YO11 2HG
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now