Dear Lewisham Borough Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with the following information:
1. the amount of money spent on asbestos management in schools between 2006 and 2016 (to include the costs of surveys, staff training and work to enclose asbestos within schools)
2. the amount of money spent on asbestos removal from schools between 2006 and 2016
3. the amount of money spent on fines for breaches in the safe management of asbestos in schools between 2006 and 2016
4. funding sought from the Department of Education and the Education Funding Authority for the management and removal of asbestos from schools between 2006 and 2016
5. the amount of funding approved by the Department of Education and the Education Funding Authority for the management and removal of asbestos from schools between 2006 and 2016
6. the projected budget for future management of asbestos in schools between 2017 and 2027
I understand that under the Act I am entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request. Some parts of the request may be easier to answer than others. Should this be the case, I request that you release information as soon as possible.
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the Act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive
I would prefer to receive the information electronically.
If you require any clarification, please contact me in accordance with your duty under Section 16 to provide advice and assistance if you find any aspect of this FOI request problematic.
Please acknowledge receipt of this request by email. I look forward to receiving the information in the near future.
Dear Ms Stephens
Re: Freedom of Information Act 2000
Environmental Information Regulations 2004
Reference No: 421416
Thank you for your recent request. Your request is being considered and
you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working
days, subject to the application of any
exemptions/exceptions. Where consideration is being given to
exemptions/exceptions, the 20 working day timescale may be extended to a
period considered reasonable depending on the nature and circumstances of
your request. In such cases you will be notified and, where possible, a
revised time-scale will be indicated. In all cases we shall attempt to
deal with your request at the earliest opportunity.
There may be a fee payable for the retrieval, collation and provision of
the information requested where the request exceeds the statutory limit or
where disbursements exceed £10. In such cases you will be informed in
writing and your request will be suspended until we receive payment from
you or your request is modified and/or reduced.
Your request may require either full or partial transfer to another public
authority. You will be informed if your request is transferred. If we are
unable to provide you with the information requested we will notify you of
this together with the reason(s) why and details of how you may appeal (if
appropriate). Please note that the directorate team may contact you for
further information where we believe that the request is not significantly
clear for us to respond fully.
Corporate Complaints and Casework Team
Dear Foi, Customer,
I am still waiting for a response to my email, sent to you on 20th October 2017. It is now beyond the 20 working days allowed to respond to an FOI. Please can you confirm when you will be providing me with the information I have requested.
Dear Ms Stephens,
We apologise for the delay, please be assured we are chasing the Service
Area for their response to your FOI request.
Complaints & Access to Records Team