Dear Sport England,
I am aware that Sport England has released the Active Places Dataset under the Open Government License, which is provided via Spogo (https://spogo.co.uk/developer-area), a Sport England funded initiative.
I am aware that Spogo make use of additional data provided by both Sport England and third parties, which is not released under the Open Government License.
Please could you send me the following information:
1. A summary of Active Places data sets held by Sport England but not released under the Open Government License ('OGL'), and where held the reason for their exclusion (e.g. I understand venues are included but not clubs), including any communication held by Sport England relevant to this decision to exclude certain data.
2. A summary of the Active Places data sets made available to Spogo, but not available to the public under the OGL (e.g. the provision of club data). I am aware this may be the same answer as 1), but would like explicit confirmation.
3. A copy of all license agreements and correspondence between Sport England, UK Active, and Spogo concerning Active Places data, including the basis on which Spogo is permitted to use Active Places data not included in the OGL release. Please include any correspondence or reference where Sport England validates releasing selected data to Spogo and not the public.
4. A copy of all licenses held by Sport England or Spogo with any third party, with regard to permitted data usage in the Spogo service.
5. A copy of all data sets currently held by Spogo, including, but not limited to, any proprietary datasets developed with Sport England funding, and additional data sets supplied by Sport England or other third parties that are not published in the Active Places data set hosted by spogo.co.uk under the OGL.
Dear Mr Knott
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request and subsequent email. I can only apologise for the late response to your request. This happened because I mark all items in the FOI mailbox as unread until they have been processed. Unfortunately, this system broke down and I found I had a number of emails in February and March which appeared to have been opened but had not been dealt with. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this oversight.
I will, of course, prioritise your request and have a response with you as soon as possible. I have to consult with a colleague on the identification and disclosure of this information and, once I have heard from him will revert to you.
T: 020 7273 1680
Please find attached Sport England’s response to your Freedom of
Information request. Please accept my apologies for the delay in
responding to your request.
FOI & Data Protection Manager
T: 020 7273 1680
M: 07833 148614
E: [Sport England request email]
Description: Sport England
Creating sporting opportunities in every community
Sport England, 3rd Floor Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1B
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now