Dear Sunderland City Council,
Please supply me with the following statistics for your Council for Goods and Services procurement where 'goods' are tangible products such as pens or computers, generally known as supplies; 'works' are "the construction or demolition of buildings, both residential and non-residential, repair to the fabric of these buildings, construction of roads, bridges, tunnels, and the installation of gas, electric, and plumbing services" and 'services' are the provision of an intangible product such as care or refuse collection, whether it is carried out internally or externally. The following payments should be INCLUDED: Goods, Services, Works, Care, other non-Local Authority public bodies (e.g. NHS, HM Courts), outside Borough schools, colleges, universities. The following payments should be EXCLUDED: foster carer payments; payments to pension funds; payments to other local authorities for placement of clients or other non-commercial activities; payments to individuals for expenses, insurance settlements, council tax refunds, NNDR refunds; Benefits payments personal budgets, transfer payments and investments.
The figures should cover (unless stated) the period 1st April 2016 to the 31st March 2017.
1. Council’s net revenue budget.
2. Total value of Goods and Services acquired by the council from third party suppliers.
3. The total number of invoices for goods and services paid by the council during the period 1st April 2016 to the 31st March 2017 whether or not the supplier was contracted to the council or the holder of a framework contract.
4. Cost of procurement management (Total cost of procurement function (staff salaries, on-costs, share of central recharges, dedicated system costs, contracted third party support costs) for a given period).
5. The total number of suppliers (contracted or not) that received a payment for Goods or services.
6. The total number of contracts held by the council as at the 31st March 2017.
7. The total number of contract managers named on the council contract register as at 31 March 2017.
8. Total Number of Contracts awarded by the Council.
9. The total number of contracts that reached their termination date and were renewed by extension without retendering.
10. The % saving (comparing the new contracted price to the old contracted price) in the top 5 valued (Total anticipated spend over the life of the contract) contracted procurements undertaken by the council awarded during the period 1st April 2016 to the 31st March 2017.
11. The total value of Goods and Services spent with suppliers who are defined as a Small and Medium Enterprise according to the DfTI definition.
12. The number of suppliers the spend with which adds up to 80% of the total spend with Third Parties.
13. The total number of contracts held by the council as at the 31st March 2017 with formalised and active contract management (Formalised contract management is viewed as regular, recorded and communicated processes for reviewing progress, issues, performance, outputs and outcomes including remedial action linked to contract terms by a responsible individual or individuals or teams that is active).
14. Total number of contract awards by the council that have been challenged by an unsuccessful tenderer.
15. The total number of suppliers (contracted or not) that received a payment for Goods or services.
16. The total value of third party spend acquired from contracts that were not exclusive to the council arranged with another council or through participation in a contract provided through a Framework.
17. The total value of contracts held by the council as at the 31st March 2017.
Dear Mr Spring
Re: Your request for information concerning:
Goods and Services Contracts.
The Council aims to provide available information promptly and in any
event within 20 working days, unless, exceptionally, there is a need to
consider whether the information is exempt from disclosure.
I will contact you again soon in connection with your request.
Please quote the reference below if you contact the Council regarding this
Customer Request Number: 17-06-20
Dear Mr Spring,
Please find attached the response to your recent FOI request.
Market Engagement and eProcurement Manager
Sunderland City Council
Phone: (0191) 561 1770
Fax: (0191) 553 1090
E-mail: [email address]
1. blocked::mailto:[email address] mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now