Dear Southport College,
I am aware that the college uses Tenet Education Services to outsource it's current procurement. I wish to enquire as to the details of this contract. Namely;
- The annual value of the contract
- The term of this contract
- When the College expects to tender this contract
- Where such an advertisement of this contract opportunity will be expected to appear
- Any information you may be able to share about the scope of this contract
With reference to your FOI request below, the only information we have
relating to this for Southport College is:
- The annual value of the contract (total value was £2,100 inc VAT)
- The term of this contract (not known)
- When the College expects to tender this contract (this was in March
- Where such an advertisement of this contract opportunity will be
expected to appear (not known)
- Any information you may be able to share about the scope of this
contract (not known)
Data Protection Officer
Dear Southport College,
Please pass this on to the person who conducts Freedom of Information reviews.
I am writing to request an internal review of Southport College's handling of my FOI request 'Consultancy Contracts'.
'Not Known' is not an acceptable response as a public sector organisation. Public Authorities are required to keep accurate records of purchases and how they are utilising taxpayer's money to ensure that there is transparency and accountability. Having no information on the scope of services provided under a contract does not seem right, nor does it seem correct that an authority would have no idea as to the term of such contract, or have any information on how it awarded such a contract / why it might have conducted a tender but not actually advertised such a tender anywhere - or at least have no information on how it did, or how it justified it's decision to award to a particular supplier. This would seem highly suspect and begs the question of how much has been spent with a single supplier and whether it is an attempt to circumvent public spending rules. This is the reason that more accurate information should be recorded.
A full history of my FOI request and all correspondence is available on the Internet at this address: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c...
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now