Concessionary travel passes

Roedd y cais yn llwyddiannus.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to make a request as regards to the concessionary travel arrangements in your authority under the terms of Freedom of Information Act.

1. Does your authority provide concessionary travel passes to those individuals registered with their local Social Services department as disabled on the grounds of being a mental health user or survivor?

2. If your authority does have such arrangements why was the decision taken to extend the scheme in this way and what arrangements are in place?

3. If your authority does have such arrangements does you authority have some other arrangement beyond the statuary minimum to provide passes to those with mental health issues?

4. If your authority does not have such arrangements why was the decision taken not to extend the scheme in this way and has consideration been given to extending the scheme in this way in the future?

5. Would it be possible to provide copies of any relevant policy documents you may have.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Robert Eriksohn

Sent request to Torridge District Council again, using a new contact address.

Linda Patterson, Torridge District Council

Dear Robert

I refer to your recent Freedom of Information request. Please find listed below the answers to your questions:

1. No, not on those grounds alone, a national bus pass is not issued unless the mental health condition makes the person unfit to drive either directly or because medication is taken that prohibits driving.
2. N/A
3. No
4. The Council does not have such arrangements at present as we need to establish the financial implications of the statutory scheme before making any possible amendments but consideration may be given to extend the scheme in the future.
5. Application booklet on webpages at

If you have any complaints in respect of your information request, please write to the Freedom of Information Officer at Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG. If your complaint is not resolved to your complete satisfaction, you have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision.


Linda Patterson
Admin Assistant - Legal
Torridge District Council - Tel: 01237 428759

dangos adrannau a ddyfynnir